Main Purpose of the Role
Working as a key member of the investor relations group, this individual will work with our marketing communications professionals to provide design/production support to meet the varied and broad-based needs of AEW’s internal clients. A primary responsibility of this role is to ensure our PowerPoint presentations and client-reporting materials for AEW’s product strategies are consistent with the firm’s brand guidelines. This individual’s keen eye and intuitive design sense will guarantee our materials are properly formatted, as well as free from design and typographical errors (e.g., alignment, variations in font and color palette, etc.).
Additionally, this individual will assist with the design of invitations, digital advertisements and display boards, templates for eblasts, internal communications and conferences, and client communications. He/she will also assist with making updates to our website using our content management system, as well as creating and designing eye-catching graphics for social media posts.
- Collaborating with the various internal teams on PowerPoint presentation materials in terms of their design and updates while upholding AEW’s brand standards and guidelines.
- Formatting quarterly reporting materials such quarterly reports, research white papers, as well as posting these reports on our website and social media channels.
- Producing data-driven charts and graphs for use in presentations and whitepapers.
- Assisting in team-wide/corporate marketing initiatives that are integral to the company.
- Experience with financial charting and manipulating quantitative and qualitative data in the confines of PowerPoint
- An ability to translate an executive's thoughts, sometimes presented on a piece of paper, into an impactful, well-designed slide
- Experience using PowerPoint, creating infographics, and incorporating appropriate graphics from Photoshop or other media components while maintaining a look and feel that is consistent with AEW’s brand
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is necessary; experience with other Adobe Creative Cloud programs is a plus
- Experience working with corporate social media platforms such as LinkedIn; Instagram and Twitter, as well as software tools such as Hootsuite to schedule and track activity.
- Candidate should have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines with a heightened focus on detail
- Excellent communication and people skills
Individual must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-3 years of work experience
- Strong skills using Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word and adept technical expertise and experience with desk-top publishing software as detailed above
- Comprehension of the production process for presentations, print and the web
- Prior exposure to a professional services environment
- Willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Investment/financial services/real estate industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of CRM database management and marketing automation software (i.e., ACT-ON and Salesforce); the firm is also uses Seismic for its document management system
AEW Capital Management is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.