IF THE CONSUMER ISN'T HAPPY NOW, NOT SURE IF THEY EVER WILL BE
- Consumer confidence above pre-crisis levels
- U.S. has added 20 million jobs since 2010
- Unemployment rate at lowest level in 50 years (3.7%)
- New claims for unemployment insurance at lowest levels since 1969
- Number of open jobs at highest level ever recorded – one million more open jobs than unemployed people
- Wage growth accelerating
- Federal Reserve indicating perhaps slower increase in interest rates in 2019 and beyond
Growth Has Accelerated!
The information and opinions presented in this research piece have been prepared internally and/or obtained from sources which AEW believes to be reliable; however, AEW does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of such information.