Reduce Consumption, Lower Operating Expenses and Decrease Risk
Achieve net zero by 2050 for scope 1 and 2 carbon emissions of AEW’s real property asset investments1
- Evaluate our real estate portfolios regularly to identify sustainability measures as well as pilot innovative practices to lower operating expenses and increase the efficiency and long-term value of our properties
- Seek opportunities to utilize low carbon and renewable energy sources in an effort to reduce our carbon footprint
- Explore and apply for third-party green building certifications as well as health and wellness certifications.
- Monitor progress at the listed companies in which we invest and integrate the results of engagement into a proprietary ESG risk score which ultimately impacts how we value a stock
- Track, evaluate, and mitigate climate-related physical and transition risk throughout transaction life-cycle
1Scope 1 includes emissions from sources that are owned or controlled by the landlord; Scope 2 includes emissions that are purchased and consumed by the landlord but generated elsewhere