In April 2017, 2050 Main Street received a LEED-EB O+M Platinum Certification, the highest level of accreditation from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and an improvement over the Property’s LEED-EB O+M Silver accreditation achieved in 2012. The Property has since set a number of goals each year to continue to improve upon its sustainability which is guided by the LEED-EB O+M and ENERGY STAR programs.
2017 Sustainability Initiatives
- Installed auto faucets & soap dispensers in restrooms on floors 8, 9 & 10
- Maintained LEED-EB O+M Platinum operating standards during 2017
- Received ENERGY STAR certification for sixth year in a row with a score of 95
- Hosted annual Earth Day event and eWaste collection
- Began Phase I of the chiller optimization project
- Swapped out recycle bin with compactor